donderdag 3 mei 2012

Holocaust butterfly project ...


english in green ...



 


ik neem deel aan het Holocaust Butterfly project ... en eigenlijk hoop ik dat er nog mensen zijn onder jullie die willen meedoen ... je kan je vlinder individueel opsturen of hierheen sturen en dan stuur ik alles door ten laatste op 8 juni ...

I´ll join the Holocaust Butterfly project and I hope some of you ´ll follow me ... so you can find the info on the link above or contact me and send your butterfly to me and I´ll sent them out at least 8 june ...

The Butterfly

The last, the very last,
So richly, brightly, dazzlingly yellow.
Perhaps if the sun’s tears would sing
against a white stone....
Such, such a yellow
Is carried lightly ’way up high.
It went away I’m sure
because it wished
to kiss the world good-bye.
For seven weeks I’ve lived in here,
Penned up inside this ghetto.
But I have found what I love here.
The dandelions call to me
And the white chestnut branches in the court.
Only I never saw another butterfly.
That butterfly was the last one.
Butterflies don’t live in here, in the ghetto.   


~ Pavel Friedman, June 4, 1942
Born in Prague on January 7, 1921.
Deported to the Terezin Concentration Camp on April 26, 1942.
Died in Auschwitz on September 29, 1944.

3 opmerkingen: